Sunday, May 19, 2013

On blind faith and blind spots of my life.

Your birth is like a mistake, you will spend your entire life correcting. - Chuck Palahniuk

The more negative it may sound, the more it may be a fact. Have a look at your past and you will find that you spend most if not all, of your life, struggling. Struggling, to make some dreams come true. Struggling to achieve, to attain, for perfection, to learn or to not repeat some mistake/s.

In our struggle, we all forget to live. We must learn to enjoy our struggles, to be happy. To be happy for what we are rather than what we can be. Meditation is important. I have a goal in mind whenever I meditate which is to reach a conclusion, on the nature of things. In a way, meditation is very personal. You learn a few things and you don't want to let it go.

Meditation is helpful only to the extent, that you want to help yourself. Even after adopting a philosophy, you would want to be successful and achieve your goals in life. It is no worry at all, if you keep a positive outlook on things and think positively. If you can adhere to it, then no amount of negativity around you and / or no amount of competition can change what you can get for yourself and all that you can gain for yourself.

In the end, I would rather do, than read and write before I do and a lot at that. I don't want to believe in the existence of 'God,' in good, in morals, in ethics, in law and in intellectual words. It has got me stuck, it is not taking me anywhere. On the contrary, it is hindering my progress.

Just living one's life is not enough. One needs a reason to live. You just can't hang around having fixed notions about everything, gained from religious texts or scriptures and other so-called authoritive sources. One needs to think for oneself.

What I want myself to understand is that, the above strong and negative opinions might be framed and fictitious but they could have been factual too, as I have every reason to believe that the same has happened separately, in other parts of the world in different cases. So much for the sorry state of the world.


A N U J  C H U G H

No comments:

Post a Comment