Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Powerful bikes and the Need for Speed !

When you have a passion for bikes since childhood, and you happen to stay in a city like Mumbai, you are in for serious trouble. You risk losing your life due to your stupid engagement with pulling the testosterone - driven throttle.

Even a low powered 153cc Yamaha can reach speeds of 100kmph+ and such speeds are damn risky on a two - wheeler as compared to four wheels, while in the latter you are inside caged whereas in the former, you are exposed, outside, riding atop your machine. This is the reason that bikes are called mean machines and not because they have a lot of power. You may just fly off the saddle, during an impact.

Powerful bikes like Yamaha YZF R1, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX - 14R, Suzuki Hayabusa, Triumph Speed Triple, Moto Guzzi Griso, Norton Commando 961 and many of the BMW Motorrad's beasts have their attractiveness, that's for sure.

But having one of them, in Mumbai, is a folly. Apart from the fact that I risk dying during one of my speed-runs, these bikes cost double their price in India due to total 103% import duty levied on them, as per our nation's stupid and archaic taxation laws. Hence, I may consider buying and riding one of these monsters, somewhere in Europe. Apart from awesome roads, the bike also come cheap and there are lot many to choose from.

As of now, there are many challenges in my life that need to be overcome and worked out. The struggle for money is imminent and dominant in my life. I have to battle for my happy existence in this world. So even if I harbor such fantasies that super bikes will make me happy, I would be disillusioned badly in the future. They won't.


A N U J  C H U G H  

No comments:

Post a Comment